Important Information Regarding COVID-19
In recognition of ongoing news reports and the continued spread of the COVID-19 virus, we realize our patients have questions. As dedicated health care professionals, we want you to know that we remain as diligent as ever in protecting the health and safety of our patients and staff. Our practice strictly adheres to and exceeds the standards for infection control by wearing personal protective gear, using hospital-grade disinfectants, practicing the latest sterilization protocols, utilizing single-use disposable materials, and more. Every effort we have in place is to ensure the safety of our patients and staff. We want you to know that we are monitoring this situation very closely, and we will keep you updated regularly.
Symptoms of coronavirus are reported as flu-like, with varying degrees of severity. While we do not know everything about this virus to date, individuals who are elderly and/or immunocompromised appear to be the most at risk of a severe infection. To ensure your health and safety, and the health and safety of everyone at our practice, please reschedule your appointment if you or a member of your household has a cough, fever, and/or flu-like symptoms. In addition, please reschedule your appointment if you have traveled to any areas within the past 14 days that are at high risk for contracting the coronavirus.
We thank you in advance and extend our gratitude for your understanding and cooperation. Together, we can help keep everyone as safe and healthy as possible. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact our office, and one of our staff members will be more than happy to assist you.
For further information, including measures to keep yourself healthy, visit the following links:
- Prevention: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/about/prevention.html
- Symptoms: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/about/symptoms.html
- Steps When Sick: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/about/steps-when-sick.html
COVID 19 – UPDATE
North office will be reopening as of Sept 15 with reduced days of Tuesdays to Thursdays to start. At this time the North office will only be able to see current students, faculty and staff due to Humber College regulations for access to the campus. But we welcome any graduates and members of the public to see us at our Lakeshore location at this time.
Lakeshore Office – OPEN FULLY AS OF JUNE 15 2020 – Please feel free to contact us to book your appointments as we have full access to North charts and records.
- Our waiting room is temporarily closed. When you arrive for your appt, you are asked to text the office or knock on the door. Normally, arriving early is good but you will need to wait in your car or outside until we are ready for you. We are doing our best to ensure that patients are not arriving or leaving at the same time. To ensure social distancing and to limit people in our common areas, you may need wait extra time outside or in the treatment room until the area is clear.
- Upon entry, you must wear a mask and use the hand sanitizer provided;
- Your temperature will be taken;
- Completion of a Covid-19 Questionnaire is required – any ‘yes’ responses will require the patient to rebook their appointment;
- You will be brought in right away to the treatment room;
- There are now temporary doors on each room – no it is not a meat locker of horror movie!
- Your mask can be removed once sitting in the chair
- All aspects of treatment remain the same, we just might look a little bit different!
- As we wore face shields & gowns before depending on procedures, you will see us wearing them all the time now.
- Wearing your mask and washing your hands or using hand sanitizer are required prior to leaving the room and your mask must be worn in all common spaces;
- For any payments, Debit or Credit Card is preferred but we are accepting Cash if needed;
- No appointment cards will be given out so we ask that you put your next appointment into your phone calendar;